Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mix of Fondness and Fear

Here's another poem I wrote...a long time ago.  I need to get back into the habit.  Poetry is such a pure form of expressing thoughts, expressing truth.

MIDSUMMERNIGHT'S DREAM

Walking on a time line, between dimensions
Of light and space, a wheel of colors
Spinning around, a mirrored reflection
In a sea of glass and memory.

A bright, dark sky with soft clouds
Floating by, headed who knows where,
Bright stars shout out loud
As night becomes day, or so it seems.

As thoughts so dark and deep and clear
Such that I cannot fully express
Bombard my mind, a mix of fondness and fear,
Impressions, feelings, hopes, dreams.

As the passing years become as days
All strung out like a pattern repeated,
Conceived, designed, fashioned, replayed
Over and over and over again.

I sit myself down in a quiet enough place,
As I've done before, to peer into the night
To examine, refine, reject, and replace
This swirling of faces, ideas, beliefs.

I am alone, and I feel all the pain
Of living with so many questions.
How in the world will I ever regain
A conscience complete, a soul satisfied?

I've traveled far, and I bear the scars
Of too many unanswered pleas.
Is it too early to finish, too late to start...
Experiencing what I say I believe?

The clouds run away, and I hear the wind say
As it rustles and whistles my name,
That I just have to wait, there will come a day,
When all that is dark will be clear.

I will seek, then, to live what I know and believe,
Content not to know the whole plan;
Seeking to love those You've given to me,
Staking my life on the vows You have made.

Run ‘cross the sky, clouds fringed with silver
Reflecting the light of the moon.
I will seek the sun; the light that delivers
My soul from its twilight fears.

RF

Quote of the Day: It doesn’t cost a dime to make a make a disciple; it only costs one’s life.
Neil Cole, church3.0, page 53

No comments: