Tuesday, April 10, 2012

No More Little Bird...

Cameron Fenske, California police officer and video dude, send me a great video today that he produced while he was here in January.  I'd love to post it here, but it's still in the process of being edited, plus I want to show it first at Leroy Community Chapel's missions conference, which I'll be attending next weekend.  Which, by the way, I'm really looking forward to, doing my best to meditate on what I'm going to say in the shower, while driving, while watching our fish in the aquarium (we got some cool new fish, including a small, long-nosed gar).

Oh, by the way, the little bird that Cathy rescued started flying around the house this morning, so...whew, one less pet!

Right now we have Miguel and Iris's 4 kids on the couch watching a movie...they've been here since noon, and will be until...well, maybe 11 p.m. tonight, maybe tomorrow morning.

I went to test out the swing set myself this afternoon, and sat in one of the four seats with three other little girls.  I think I scared them.  The set rocked a bit...but stayed cemented in!  I gotta lay off the tacos...I've been looking like Chubby Bunny lately...

We have a mission team meeting tomorrow, and I'll be trying to give away a lot of really good books...they just don't fit anymore in the house!

As always, for more info and pictures, check out our co-workers blogs at www.cottrillcompass.com/blog and www.avoidanceoftheperfunctory.blogspot.com. Also Jessica Nixon's update at http://jessiejournal.com/

Quote of the Day: We may as well face it: the whole level of spirituality among us is low. We have measured ourselves by ourselves until the incentive to seek higher plateaus in the things of the Spirit is all but gone…. [We] have imitated the world, sought popular favor, manufactured delights to substitute for the joy of the Lord and produced a cheap and synthetic power to substitute for the power of the Holy Ghost. -A. W. Tozer-as quoted by Francis Chan, Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit


No comments: